COVID - 19 Updates
First, we appreciate all our customers for being patient, understanding, cooperative and respectful as we navigate our way on new roads! Thank you!
Now some updates from us at Young Drivers Wallaceburg.
**NEW** A self-directed Online Classroom Course - Available Now. Click below for more information
This course has been developed in-house using the same great techniques that Young Drivers has been teaching for the last 50 years!
Classroom (Virtual, Online and In-Person) Updates
- All summer long we held our classroom sessions virtually, via Zoom. These sessions were very popular with our customers however we do not have permission to run them past August 31, 2020. So we will be resuming in-person classes in the fall at our Chatham location alongwith an option to do class online using our new self-directed course. Click above for details
- Our in-person classes will have reduced capacity this fall to ensure adequate social distancing so please register for your course early to avoid disappointment. September classes are already sold out!
- We have all safety protocols in place to ensure your or your loved ones safety. Click here for our detailed SOP.
Driving Lesson Updates
- Our Driving lessons have resumed in Chatham with detailed safety protocols in place. Click here for more details on how we are keeping you and our community safe.
- As you can imagine we have a backlog of several months of driving lessons to deliver. Our instructors are very busy and are now booking well into the fall for driving lessons. If you have a timeline you are trying to make, please talk to one of us at the office to ensure we can make it work, before you sign up.
DriveTest and Road Test Updates
- DriveTest started administering G2 Road Tests on August 4, 2020
- G Road Tests resumed on September 8, 2020
- As DriveTest resumes its full services, they are trying to see how things will work with examiners safety, so they are releasing Road Test availability slowly. Currently most areas are booking Road Tests in January/February 2021. This is a moving target so if checking tests dates in September, the availability could be all the way to March 2021. DriveTest also blocks off all dates from time to time and we are not able to book any tests. As soon as tests are available again, we go in and book them. So please bear with us as we work with DriveTest's availability.
- If your licence is expiring soon or has already expired this year or if you won't be able to finish your Young Drivers course within a year, please do not worry. The Ministry of Transportation has extended all these dates. Click here for FAQ's and information from DriveTest.
NOTE: These updates are as of September 2020. Lesson and Road Test dates are constantly changing so please contact us at 519-836-4070 for the latest information.
In-Class and In-Car Training Provided in Chatham
All our in-person class sessions will be conducted from our Chatham location. Please visit the Chatham webpage for course information, class dates and prices. However we will have an Online Class option available starting September 1, 2020.
The in-car (driving) lessons are always conducted in Chatham to ensure that you encounter a variety of driving related situations and get the most out of your course.
Co-operative Driving is the Key at Young Drivers - Wallaceburg
Young Drivers of Canada has taking defensive driving to a new level. On an everyday basis, we share the road with many other people. They are in cars, on bicycles, in truck, operating farm equipment, walking or even in a horse drawn carriage!
Each driver has a different level of experience, competence and ability.
With the versatility that Young Drivers Wallaceburg offers you will learn skills in all different road conditions and weather patterns in many driving environmnets
As a driver we must adapt our driving to not just the road conditions but to the various drivers around us.
By using the YD Collisionfree Approach and it's 20 sub-habits, each student can learn to deal with situations as they arise.
Remember, on a day-to-day basis, the most dangerous thing most of us will do is get into a motor vehicle. Using the YD Collisionfree approach will greatly lesson that danger for everyone on the road.