Prepare yourself for safe driving in the winter with Young Drivers of Canada driving in snow and ice courses for Halton Region
YD’s driving in winter conditions programs for Oakville, Burlington and Milton areas are a special combination of in-class and on-road training that is designed to demonstrate proper winter driving techniques. In the program, you will learn winter driving safety skills with emergency maneuvers, hazard awareness and winter road safety.
Upon finishing the YD Winter Driving program, you will not be afraid of bad winter driving, driving in snow or driving in icy conditions. The Young Drivers of Canada Winter Driving courses cover safe winter driving in Halton Region under snow driving and ice road driving conditions, in the city and on Ontario's highways, including during heavy snow, black ice, sleet, and preparing for winter driving.
YD Winter Safety Courses
As part of the Halton Winter Safety courses and lessons offered by Young Drivers of Canada, you will learn:
- How to Avoid Skids, Emergency Maneuvers and Skid Recovery
- How to move through traffic in changing winter conditions on treacherous surfaces such as bridge decks, hills and highways
- How to use Emergency Braking, Collision Avoidance and Emergency Lane Change
- To understand the importance and interaction of Visibility, Traction, Steering, Braking and Acceleration
- To read Road conditions and Shorten Stopping Distances on slippery roads
- To Maintain Traction under all winter conditions
- Proper braking techniques using ABS, ATS (Automatic traction Control) and ESP (stability or skid control programs)
- Tire Grip Limits and appropriate Tire Combinations
- Valuable winter driving safety tips for How to Stay Safe in Winter, Prepare for Winter Driving, and How to Drive in Winter Conditions
YD Goes Much Beyond Defensive Driving
At Young Drivers of Canada we teach you how to be safer on winter roads by showing you first hand safe driving techniques in snow and icy driving conditions. YD has developed safe winter driving techniques that greatly increase control and confidence in how to drive on snow and on ice in Ontario. The top rated YD instructors use in-car extreme braking and winter handling situations at the YD winter driving school, always with Young Drivers highest level of commitment to safety for their students. Notably, in-class lessons will dispel misconceptions about winter driving techniques and you will also be taught winter vehicle preparation knowledge, the best tires for winter driving and winter road safety.
Young Drivers of Canada safety winter driving courses in Halton are for all drivers and designed to take you beyond defensive driver training, by offering the safest level of winter driving in Canada. YD instructors actually take you onto real ice and snow conditions, so that you will be prepared to know what to do in these conditions, weather permitting. These highly trained driving instructors stay with you at all times to guide and provide instant feedback.
Safe winter driving involves unique skills to deal with changing winter conditions
Halton's YD winter driving instructors are experienced in every type of passenger vehicle including front wheel, rear wheel and all wheel drive. As a result, ice driving and safe driving in snow techniques that demand the greatest vehicle control with limited traction conditions, will be taught to you so that you can maintain car control in winter conditions no matter what kind of car you drive.