Prepare yourself with Young Drivers of Canada driving in snow and ice courses for safe winter driving in Hamilton Region
YD’s driving in winter conditions programs for Hamilton, Dundas, Simcoe, Grimsby and Stoney Creek areas include a special combination of in-class and on-road training designed to show you effective winter driving techniques. You will not only learn winter driving safety skills that include emergency maneuvers, but also hazard awareness and winter road safety.
Upon completing the YD Winter Driving program you will no longer be afraid of bad winter driving, driving in snow or driving in icy conditions. The Young Drivers of Canada Winter Driving courses cover safe winter driving in the Hamilton area under snow driving and ice road driving conditions, such as in the city and on Ontario's highways, including during heavy snow, black ice, sleet, and preparation for winter driving.
YD Winter Safety Courses
As part of the Hamilton Winter Safety courses and lessons offered by Young Drivers of Canada, you will learn:
- How to Avoid Skids, Emergency Maneuvers and Skid Recovery
- How to move through traffic in changing winter conditions on treacherous surfaces such as bridge decks, hills and highways
- How to use Emergency Braking, Collision Avoidance and Emergency Lane Changes
- To understand the importance and interaction of Visibility, Traction, Steering, Braking and Acceleration
- To read Road conditions and Shorten Stopping Distances on slippery roads
- To Maintain Traction under all winter conditions
- Proper braking techniques using ABS, ATS (Automatic traction Control) and ESP (stability or skid control programs)
- Tire Grip Limits and appropriate Tire Combinations
- Valuable winter driving safety tips for How to Stay Safe in Winter, Prepare for Winter Driving, and How to Drive in Winter Conditions
YD Takes Defensive Driving Farther
At Young Drivers of Canada, we teach you how to be safe on winter roads by teaching safe driving techniques in snow and icy driving conditions. YD has developed safe winter driving techniques that greatly increase control and confidence in how to drive on snow and on ice in Ontario. Your top rated YD instructors use in-car extreme braking and winter handling situations at the YD winter driving school, always with Young Drivers highest level of commitment to safety for their students. In-class lessons will dispel misconceptions about winter driving techniques and will also teach winter vehicle preparation knowledge, the best tires for winter driving and winter road safety.
Young Drivers of Canada safety winter driving courses in the Hamilton region are for drivers of all levels, being designed to take you beyond defensive driver training through teaching the safest level of winter driving in Canada. YD instructors will take you into real ice and snow conditions in order that you will be prepared to know what to do in these conditions, weather permitting. Our highly trained driving instructors will stay with you throughout to guide and provide instant feedback.
Safe winter driving involves skills to deal with changing winter driving conditions
Hamilton's YD winter driving instructors are experienced in all passenger vehicles including front wheel, rear wheel and all wheel drive. Ice driving and safe driving in snow techniques that demand the greatest vehicle control with limited traction conditions, will be taught to you so that you can maintain car control in winter conditions no matter what kind of car you drive.