Prepare for winter safe driving with Young Drivers of Canada - driving in fog, rain, snow and ice courses for the Vancouver area
YD’s driving in winter conditions programs for the Vancouver area include a special combination of in-class and on-road training, designed to show you winter driving techniques designed to be effective in winter conditions. You will be able to learn and try winter driving safety skills that include emergency maneuvers, hazard awareness and winter road safety.
Upon completion of a YD Winter Driving program you will no longer need to be afraid of bad winter driving, driving in fog or driving in rain conditions. As well, the Young Drivers of Canada Winter Driving courses cover safe winter driving in the Vancouver area under snow driving and ice road driving conditions, in the cities and on B.C.’s highways, including during heavy snow, black ice, sleet, and preparing for winter driving.
YD Winter Safety Courses
As part of the Vancouver Winter Safety courses and lessons offered by Young Drivers of Canada, you will learn:
- How to Avoid Skids, Emergency Maneuvers and Skid Recovery
- How to move through traffic in changing winter conditions on treacherous surfaces such as bridge decks, hills and highways
- How to use Emergency Braking, Collision Avoidance and Emergency Lane Changes
- To understand the importance and interaction of Visibility, Traction, Steering, Braking and Acceleration
- To read Road conditions and Shorten Stopping Distances on slippery roads
- To Maintain Traction under all winter conditions
- Proper braking techniques using ABS, ATS (Automatic traction Control) and ESP (stability or skid control programs)
- Tire Grip Limits and appropriate Tire Combinations
- Valuable winter driving safety tips for How to Stay Safe in Winter, Prepare for Winter Driving, and How to Drive in Winter Conditions
YD Takes Defensive Driving to the Next Level
At Young Drivers of Canada we teach you not only how to be safe on winter roads by teaching safe driving techniques, but also how to deal with fog, rain, snow and icy driving conditions. YD has developed safe winter driving techniques that increase your car control and confidence in how to drive in fog, rain, snow and ice in B.C. Your top rated YD instructors will use in-car extreme braking and winter handling situations at the YD winter driving school, with Young Drivers highest level of commitment to safety for their students. In-class lessons are designed to dispel common misconceptions about winter driving techniques and teach winter vehicle preparation knowledge, the best tires for winter driving and winter road safety.
Young Drivers of Canada safety winter driving courses in Vancouver are for drivers of all levels, and will take you beyond defensive driver training by teaching the safest level of winter driving in Canada. YD instructors will take you into real winter conditions in order that you will be prepared to know what to do, weather permitting. Our highly trained driving instructors will stay with you throughout to guide and provide instant feedback.
Safe winter driving involves skills to deal with changing conditions
Vancouver's YD winter driving instructors are experienced in all passenger vehicles including front, rear and all wheel drive. Fog driving, driving in rain, and safe driving in snow and ice techniques that demand the greatest vehicle control with limited traction conditions, will be taught to you so that you can maintain car control in winter conditions no matter what kind of car you drive.