Please contact us if you have any questions related to your classroom or in-car schedule.
Our Chatham Classroom is located at 179 King Street West. We are near the corner of King and Fourth across from Glitter's Restaurant. Located between the Capitol Theatre and the Downtown Chatham Centre, there is plenty of free parking in the area. If taking the bus, take any city bus to the downtown terminal and we are within walking distance.
Please note that this is a classroom location only. Our Administrative Office and friendly staff members are available by telephone Monday to Friday 9:00 am to 5:00 pm at 519-351-8305. We look forward to hearing from you.
Why Young Drivers?
Teaching life-saving defensive driving skills and preparing students to pass the road test the first time!
Why Young Drivers, you say? Why not another driving school? We say Young Drivers Chatham is your only choice in driver training as we are the only school that trains customers in four habits and twenty sub-habits of the exclusive YOUNG DRIVERS APPROACH TO COLLISIONFREE! DRIVING. After 49 years of experience training novices, Young Drivers has found that this is the best way to learn how to drive safe for a lifetime!
But, that’s not all! As if safe driving habits for life weren’t enough incentive here are some other reasons to take driver’s ed with YD!
ROAD TEST PASS GUARANTEE!
- Young Drivers is the only Driving school to offer a ROAD TEST PASS GUARANTEE! We know we will train you well, so we can confidently offer this guarantee. We also know though that nerves can get the better of anyone. If you purchase one of our packages with the Road Test Guarantee, you don't have to worry, if you fail your Road test the first time, we will take you again for FREE! The only cost to you will be the DriveTest fee. Please Contact Us for more details.
- The Best Driving Instructors - We have driving instructors that understand the difficulties that you will face while driving. They are passionate about teaching you how to drive and survive. They are patient. They are also properly insured, highly-trained, friendly and re-certified on a yearly basis to keep their skills fresh and updated.
- Comprehensive Driver Training Program - Our driver training will prepare you for everything that you need to know such as vehicle operation, turns, parallel parking, stall parking, 3-point turns, hill parking, traffic merging, highway and freeway driving, safe passing, etc.
- Evasive Maneuvers – Rear Crash Avoidance, Head On Collision Avoidance, Gravel shoulder Recovery, Emergency Braking, etc. are all maneuvers taught in car, not only in class or on a simulator.
- Flexible varied in-class schedules – We have daytime, evening and weekend classes available. Start on one course and finish during another – there is flexibility if you cannot attend all the dates for one course.
- Daytime, Evening and Weekend in-car lessons available – driving lessons available to suit your busy lifestyle.
- Payment Plans – We offer flexible, customisable payment plans with no additional charges or fees.
- MTO Approved – Our full course enables you to do your road test sooner and makes you eligible for the best Insurance Discounts!
- ISO 9001 Certified – The only driving school that has met the certification requirements of the international Standards Organisation!
If you have further questions about our program or how we are the best choice for your driver training, please do not hesitate to Contact Us. Our staff members will be happy to answer any questions you might have.
YOUNG DRIVERS DOES DRIVER TRAINING RIGHT - BECAUSE WE KNOW ITS IMPORTANT!
Nervous about the Driving Lessons? Never been in a car? Don’t worry, we have you covered.
Your lessons will progress based on your ability and skills. Young Drivers Chatham instructors provide what is called competency-based education. Does it make sense to throw you in the deep end of the pool if you have never been in the water before? Would it make sense to put you on the freeway or have you drive in full traffic on your first driving lesson if you have never driven a car before? At Young Drivers we will:
Start you in a parking lot.
- Show you how all of the controls work in the car such as how to set up your mirrors properly, where the blind spots are in the car, etc.
- Backing and steering exercises to make sure you know how to control the car.
- Hand over hand exercises to make sure you know how to steer properly.
- Creeping exercises to teach you how to control the speed of your car for 3-point turns, parallel parks, etc.
Progress to side streets when you are ready/comfortable
- Right- and left-hand turns at small and large intersections
- Right of way at intersections
- Curb judgement
Progress to busier roads and one-way streets
Then freeway driving and so on….
We space the lessons out so that you can get practice in between each lesson since practice is how you get good at any skill.
Not going to get any practice? Just let us know when scheduling your lessons and we can customise your lesson plan based on your situation.
Whatever your needs, Young Drivers has you covered!